Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blast of Winter

The weather has been up and down.  Cold air and a wintery mix hit last night.  Here's what it looks like from the back and the front of the house.



Honestly, I was hoping for more snow.  My philosophy is 'if it's going to be cold, it might as well have a lot of snow.'  The whiteness is much better than the grey and dreary.  This snow isn't going to last long.  The forecast for tomorrow is 50 deg F. 

I finished Kristin's slippers in the past week.  Here they are on her feet. 



I think she might have them on the wrong feet, but who really cares.  They got the seal of approval from her.  Instead of slipping them off, she kept them on when she put on her boots to run some errands.  Now I'm off to make a pair for Trisha.

Things are starting to look like they might get crazy again at work.  I really hope not.  This time around, though, I am not going to let it consume me.  I've learned to do what I can and then let go when I begin to feel overwhelmed. 

Part of my plan to not let work overwhelm me is to take frequent days off.  We are planning a get away in the spring and I've decided to go to Stitches South in April.  Two of my friends from work are also going.  It is going to be a great girls trip.  I can't wait!  I have to sign up for classes still.  I'm only going to take a couple.  There are a lot more crochet classes than in the past.  I know how to crochet but I really am not a fan of how it looks, at least in garments.

Oh!  Lastly, today is National Hug Day.  Be sure to hug everyone you love!!

No comments: