Sunday, December 15, 2013

Coming Too Fast

Yikes! Christmas is in 10 days!  I haven't done half of my shopping.  The decorating isn't finished.  No cookies have been baked. No cards have been sent. The gifts for my siblings are still in only the starting stages.  I'm in bad shape! I really need to take a few days off work, but that isn't going to happen.  I have too many meetings this week.  It is time to start handing out assignments to the family.

As far as decorating goes, I'm done with what I'll do.  I'll hand out assignments to the kids.

The girls will have to help me with the cards.  I've scrapped the idea of a family photo.  The opportunity to do that went away after Thanksgiving weekend.

Fortunately Trisha likes to bake.  She has volunteered to do most of the cookies and treats.  That will be a huge help for me.

The remaining shopping isn't something I can assign to others.  I'll try to go after work a couple evenings this week.  I should be able to get my list checked off by doing that.

As usual, I've bitten off more than I can chew in the handmade department.  I don't think I'll get all of my projects finished by Christmas, so I'm going to have to prioritize.  

First priority are the gifts for my siblings.  That project is not portable so I need to devote my home time to it.  That is what I will work on today.

Second on the list is a hat. This is a hat that I'm making for Ed's nephew.  We will be with him on Christmas Eve.  This is a portable project, so I'll take it with me to work and spend some of my lunch hour each day on it.  That should be enough time to finish it.


I really hope to get Buttonbox done by Christmas day.  My plan was to wear it to my family party.  I need to get buttons purchased still.  I'll do that next Saturday.  If I work on this in the evenings this week, I should be in good shape.  My goal is to get the knitting done by Sunday so that I can block it.


I have the last skein of yarn ready to go.  This is a photo I took of it resting in the snow on my front porch yesterday morning.



Blake asked that I make Gladiator hats for two of his cousins.  Here are the beginnings of them.  These will have to wait until the hat for Ed's nephew is done.  These work up fast, but they are not at the top of the priority list.  If I don't get them done by Christmas day, I will finish them shortly thereafter.  I will be spending a couple days with my sister over the holidays.  Her boys will get them no later than December 27.

The last project is fixing a sweater for my mom.  One of my sisters knit this vest years ago.  Unfortunately it has gotten eaten by moths.  My sister no longer has the original yarn.  While out running errands last week, I bought a few skeins, hoping one would match.  The middle one below is pretty close.  I will use that to repair the moth holes.  This will be an after Christmas project.


Time now to get off of the computer and get moving with some of these things.  Times a-wasting!


No comments: