Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dashing Through the Snow...er, I mean Rain

No more work for 2013. YEAH!!!!! Yesterday was my last day in the office until January 2.  Now my attention is totally devoted to Christmas.


The hat for my nephew was finished last night.  I really like how it turned out.  It is thick and perfect for slogging across his university's campus. It comes down to just over my ears.  I really like how my homespun worked out with this.  The only note is that the yarn was maybe just a tad too thick for the needles I was using.  The yarn didn't have any stretch to it, so when I was doing the k2togs and ssks it was a bit hard to manipulate.  I can see making a few more of these in the future.


Buttonbox is moving along.  While watching It's a Wonderful Life, I got the right and left fronts finished.  The back stitches are now on the needle and awaiting action.  It is going to be a race to see if this can get finished by Christmas.  If I don't have it completed by tomorrow wet blocking is out of the question.   Ed and I have dinner plans tonight so I'm not sure how much time I'll get to spend with it today.  I'm not giving up hope yet.

Today is my day to finish shopping.  As soon as I sign off here I need to check my list.  We are supposed to get record breaking levels of rain this weekend so it is going to be a joy dashing from store to store.  The rain will be a nuisance, but if it were snow or ice my shopping plans would be cancelled. 

No comments: