Saturday, February 8, 2014

My Entry in the Ravellenic Games

The Winter Olympics started yesterday and I began my entry in the Ravellenic Games.  This year I am making the Swallowtail Shawl out of a skein of Poems Sock that I bought last September at a fiber festival. It looks like I am off to a fast start, but as with any triangular shawl, the first rows do fly by.


I love  the colors in this yarn.  It has long color repeats.  It is giving a peacock effect I think.


I decided on this pattern for several reasons.  First, I love the shawl and have had it marked as a Favorite for some time.  Second, I have a ton of sock yarn, but can't seem to get motivated to finish a pair of socks with them.  Lace holds my interest far longer.  Third, I have started wearing shawls, especially smaller ones that I can wrap like a scarf.  And finally, and as the challenge part, I can't seem to finish any project quickly because I get distracted by another shiny object.  Trying to get this done in two weeks should be short enough time span to not risk getting off track by another pattern.  That darn knitting ADD!!!!

In case you are wondering, I have not yet finished the Navajo knitting scarf.  I did work on it a little more today when I was out with some friends.  It is my take-along project.  I'm still trying to get it done by Valentine's Day.  It will be a challenge to do that and keep up the pace with the Swallowtail shawl.

No comments: