Sunday, November 29, 2015

One Off The Christmas List

The thrummed mittens for Trisha are finished.  Overall I am happy with the results.  


I will admit that are not exactly the same size.  The left mitten (the one knit second) is slightly smaller than the right mitten.  I think my knitting was a bit tighter.  There was a month in between them.  I think my knitting on the first mitten was looser because I was suffering from a sore thumb at the time. It may have affected how I carried the yarn on my left hand since I knit Continental.  Another possible theory is that I paid more attention to drawing the yarn tighter around the thrums on the second mitt.   I think the morale is to knit them together if I do any more thrummed mittens.

The Custom Fit cardi is a step closer to being done.  I finished both sleeves and blocked them.  It is now ready for seaming.  It has been a while since I've seamed anything, so I am feeling a bit intimidated right now. 


I am very pleased with how drapey the fabric has turned out.  It will be a great sweater for layering over a blouse or top.  Things are looking good for having this done by Christmas.

The Custom Fit cardi is being knit out of Silky Wool.  I bought 20 skeins of the red at Stitches South last year.  This cardi is going to use about 8 of them.  Yesterday while patronizing my LYS for Small Business Saturday I picked up two more skeins of Silky Wool in another colorway.  It says Pale Jade, but it looks more gray to me than green.  I think I'll make a loose-fitting pullover with the remaining red and add a few stripes with the pale jade.  I'll have to find a suitable pattern; maybe something I could whip up on my knitting machine.

No comments: