My temporary retirement continues. The latest word from my vendor is that the job for which I interviewed has run into a snag. Another vendor working with the client has asked for more money, a lot of money! Since that vendor is the prime contractor on the job and my vendor is a sub to them, my position has taken a backseat. It is not likely that my position will have funding. My vendor is now looking for other positions for me.
Since things are not going as planned with vendor 1, I reached out to another vendor. I'll call her vendor 2. Vendor 2 has a position that is a good fit for me. I have an interview on Tuesday for that. Wish me luck!
Last weekend I went down to Cincinnati to visit my mom. While there I finished my Basic Ribbed Socks. I couldn't stop myself from slipping them on my feet. They fit like a dream!! I was so excited. When I got home I let them soak for a while and let them dry. Sadly, when I put them on again I realized that their little bath caused the yarn to loosen. They were too big! In an act of desperation, I machine washed and dried them. They now fit much better. They are not quite as snug as I would like, but they'll do.
I'm making progress on Relax. The pattern calls for a line of eyelets along the outer edges of the front and back pieces. The eyelets are made every 10th row. In between is miles of stockinette. Each time I pick up this piece, I can't do more than those 10 rows. It is mindless knitting, good for car rides or watching television.
In my last post I mentioned that Blake got accepted to the University of Cincinnati to study engineering. It has been my tradition to knit each of my children a blanket to take to college with them. Blake picked out the Gradient Blanket for his pattern. He asked that I make it in blue and red. I decided to make it a little wider than called for in the pattern. I should have enough yarn. I calculated the halfway point for each color so I'll know if I'm going to make it or not. If I don't, I'll be ordering more from Knit Picks.
The organization of the craft room is still in progress. I now have all the fabric on one side of the shelves and the bins of yarn are going up on the other side. There is also a big bag of yarn that I will put up for adoption. I also created a bin of UFOs. My goal is to intersperse a UFO project with my other projects. Now that I've finished the socks, I'll pull something from the bin to take its place. I figure if I maintain the bin I can always toss a project into it if I get bored with it.