Saturday, June 11, 2016

School Is Out For Summer




Blake graduated from high school on June 2.  I have to admit I teared up a little when I saw him processing into the arena for commencement.  Proud Mama moment.
After commencement he enjoyed the cigar he bought on the cruise.


After the ceremony we went out to dinner to celebrate.  The only downside was that Kristin wasn't able to be there.  On Saturday we hosted a party for Blake.  He had a lot of friends show up and he had a lot of fun.

Kristin is home now.  She got back yesterday and is trying to adjust to this time zone.  It surprised me that she was up early.  She isn't normally a morning person.  I told her that she should try to keep the morning routine because she'll have to get up early for dental school.  She's home for a couple weeks and then moves to Ann Arbor to start dental school.

With all the activities the past few weeks, I have felt like I've been in automatic mode and haven't had a chance to sit and reflect on all of the life milestones that have hit me in the past month:  oldest child graduating college, youngest child graduating high school and losing my mom.  Things should settle down now a bit and I'll be able to devote some time to me.

What knitting I've been able to do has been mostly done in the car travelling between Columbus and Cincinnati.  In the past 3 weeks I've made that trip 4 times.  

On one of my trips to Cincinnati to visit my mom, I stopped at a LYS in Springboro, OH named Wooly Bully.  It was a cute little shop in an old building in the heart of the town.  I purchased some linen for a summer top.  The pattern is Sunset by Adirondack Yarns.  Ravelry doesn't seem to have  a link to it and Adirondack's website doesn't show the pattern.  I recall getting the pattern at Stitches South a few years ago when I bought the linen for my other linen top.   The shape of the two tops are similar but Sunset is constructed in the round bottom up while the other linen top is knit in two pieces side to side.


The other knitting project that I need to get completed is Blake's college afghan.  He moves into his dorm in less than 70 days.  I need to set a schedule for myself in order to get this done in time.


Once I get his afghan finished I need to start on a quilt for him.  I figure I have some time for that since it won't get cold for a while yet.

No comments: