Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas is when?

Christmas is less than 10 days away.  I've barely gotten any shopping done.  Not many decorations are up.  Knitting is way behind schedule.  The wreath has been on the front door and the Advent candle has been out.  That was it until Thursday night when Blake put up some exterior lights.  It is time now to get focused on Christmas.  But I am not stressing about it this year.

The last knitted gift that I am committed to making by Christmas is on the needles.  I may get a few rows in this morning.  The rest of my day is going to be focused elsewhere.


This is not a huge bouquet of flowers on my kitchen floor.  It is the top of our new Christmas tree.  Ed thought he'd assemble it yesterday but when he saw the bubble wrap he stopped.  Our last tree came with a heavy plastic storage bag.  This one does not.  He decided that I should unwrap the pieces since his method would result in the destruction of the bubble wrap. 


The side table in the foyer has been cleared of pictures.  It is now waiting for the carousels and snowman statues. 


There are two reasons (excuses) for the lack of preparation around here.  The first is my job.  It has been awful.  Long, stressful days that result in complete exhaustion when I get home.  The second is this, my new carpet.


I couldn't decorate half of the house because of the carpet installation.  I finally have new, beautiful, lush carpet in my living room, stairs and upper hallway.  The empty space in the above picture is going to be filled with a new couch, to be purchased today.   YAY!!  I've been waiting a long time for this.  This room is going to be my haven.  It is where I will drink my tea and knit and read and gaze out the windows and renew my soul.  This is my Christmas present to myself.


No comments: