Saturday, December 2, 2017

Socialization

Being a full-time working mom doesn't leave much time for a social life.  My husband and I have never had a group of friends that we regularly socialize with.  "Going out on the weekends" usually just meant the two of us going to dinner at a restaurant and maybe a movie.  Now that they are all out of the house we are starting to do more activities.  We have started travelling more, I've joined a few groups that allow me to socialize with other women and we are doing other things besides just dinner and a movie.

This week we went to see Brain Candy Live at the Palace Theater in Columbus.  We parked in the garage where I usually park for work and walked through the Columbus Commons.  It was decorated for the holidays.  Quite lovely.


The show was fantastic.  Adam Savage and Michael Stephens are very entertaining.  The geek in me loved all of the nerdy jokes.


I am also taking more knitting classes.  My friend and I took a brioche class at our favorite LYS, Knitting Temptations.  The class project is a scarf with straight brioche knitting.  Cindy and I plan to expand our brioche skills with a Craftsy class.


The green raglan is slowly moving along.  Having this done by Christmas is not likely.  I'm hoping that it will be done sometime this winter.


One of my social outlets is a monthly euchre club.  We aren't going to play cards in December.  Instead, we will go out to dinner and exchange small gifts.  I am hoping to have a pair of mittens finished by the night of the dinner.  I designed a pattern that will have the different suits on them.  If they don't make it by the dinner, I'll have to find another gift and save these for next year.




No comments: