Sunday, September 30, 2018

Is It Worth It?

Most health care professionals will say that getting a flu shot does not give you the flu.  I beg to differ.  Every year that I've gotten a flu shot, I've had some sort of side effect.  Most often it has been a few days of mild flu symptoms.  Last year it was a sore arm for several weeks.  Friday I was at the doctor's for another complaint and decided to get my flu shot while I was there.  Well, guess what.  I have felt awful since then.   I spent most of the day yesterday in bed.  Today is better, but not completely.  I've taken some medicine hoping I will feel up to going out to dinner tonight.  Today is my wedding anniversary.  29 years for Ed and me.  I should have thought through the flu shot more carefully.  Not sure if getting it when I did was worth possibly sacrificing my anniversary dinner.

Feeling under the weather yesterday got me out of helping Trisha move.   Ed went over to help move the big pieces of furniture. She and her boyfriend are moving in together.  We've been keeping her cats for a couple weeks during the transition.  In the evening Trisha came over with their new puppy, Duke, to watch the Ohio State-Penn State football game.  He is a cutie, but he's going to be big.  He's a mix of Mastiff, Cane Corso and Pit Bull.  He snuggled next to me while Trisha and Ed ran out to get our dinner.


The cats weren't too sure what to think about the cat.  They could smell him and would get close to look.  But not too close.  During the football game, Trisha had the puppy with her on the couch.  The cats decided it was more interesting to watch out the window.  I told her that they are not going to like having a puppy around.  And they probably won't snuggle with her like they did in her old apartment.



The OSU-Penn State game was an exciting game.  OSU won.  I'm not sure how but they did.  I worked on Weekender during the game.  A couple more rows and I'll start the short row shaping for the neckline.


My goal has been to get this done before cooler weather hits.  Summer is officially gone and the temperatures are following suit.  Daytime temperatures are still hitting the 70s F so it is too warm for sweaters.  At the rate that I knit, I should have this done by November.  

Then it is on to other knitting projects.  I have a few candidates in the wings.  We'll see later which one wins.  There will be a new cast on, guaranteed.  And I'll try to get a UFO finished.  Relax was my car project last week.  It is also close to the finish line.  If I devote myself to that I will have two new sweaters for the winter.


No comments: