Saturday, January 5, 2019

2019 Week 1 Update

The title of this post is a bit boring but it is accurate.
I went back to work on Wednesday after having almost 2 weeks off.  It was very difficult to get up at 6:00 am.  Part of the problem was staying up too late the night before.  And stupid me did stayed up too late on Wednesday also.  Blake came back home and Kristin was still home.  We went to dinner and then watched a movie.  I at least had the foresight to drink a cup of Sleepytime tea while watching the movie so when I did get to bed I was able to sleep.  I went to bed at a reasonable time on Thursday so Friday wasn't so bad.

We no longer have a cat at the house.  Our grandcat, Nala, spent over 6 weeks with us.  Kristin went back to Michigan on Friday morning and took Nala with her.  It was strange coming home from work and not being greeted at the door by the little fur ball begging for a treat.  I really liked having her here. Her only habit that was annoying was her begging for food.  She jumps on the kitchen table and tries to eat your food. 

We'll start taking down our Christmas decoration this weekend.  And vacuum up cat hair.

On the knitting front, I am making good progress on the January sweater KAL I'm participating in.  It may not look like much, but for me it is moving along nicely.  I have 6 balls of yarn.  I'm more than halfway through the first ball.  My plan is to reward myself with 1-2 hours of knitting each night if I meet my exercise goal for the day.  This will help accomplish two goals:  exercise more and knit more.  Housecleaning may become the casualty of this but since there is usually only 2 of us in the house anymore it doesn't get that dirty.  That is once it's clean.  I have a lot of work to do to recover from our visitors over the holidays.

Here's where I am on the sweater.


I am working through the shoulder increases.  My progress gets slowed down occasionally because I stop to admire how this yarn is knitting up.  I absolutely love it!!  It is going to be a very soft sweater.  It will be warm too.  Puna is made from 100% baby alpaca.  It is a dream.

No comments: