Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!!

2018 ended on the positive note that I wanted 2019 to begin.   I spent time with my family, knit a little, exercised, read a little and went to bed reflecting on what a wonderful day it had been.  My goal for 2019 is to repeat 365 times.

On Christmas, Kristin asked me to make her a headband just like the one I made for Trisha.  I was able to bang this out in about an hour yesterday.  She's going skiing in a few weeks.  This should keep her ears warm on the slopes.


Yesterday I also cast on a Kallisti for myself.  I bought the yarn last month and was waiting for Christmas to be over to make it.  I had hoped to get it done yesterday, but that didn't happen because of Kristin's headband.  I should have this done this week, in time for the cold winter weather due to come.  The yarn is soft and squishy.  Perfect for keeping the wind off my neck and face while I walk downtown to my office.


New Year's Eve is usually a low key event for us.  We went to dinner last night with Trisha and her boyfriend.  Afterwards we dropped them off at a party, went home and tuned into the broadcast from Times Square.  Ed was fast asleep by midnight.


Nala too. I didn't mind.  I liked the quiet evening while I waited for Trisha and Craig to call to be picked up.  Fortunately, they called shortly after midnight.  I ran out and brought them back to the house to sleep.  We didn't want them driving since they had been celebrating with friends.

Now its time to focus on my January goals.  Number 1 on the list is to take better care of myself.  I'm going to eat better and exercise more.  To that end I have started tracking my food.  And I am doing the 2019 New Years Challenge from Walk At Home.  I've always loved doing Leslie Sansone videos and feel this is the perfect way to get back into the habit of exercising everyday.

My January knitting goals are to finish my Kallisti, make a dickie/cowl for Ed and a sweater for myself.  That is a bit of a stretch goal, but if I make sure I do a little everyday it can be done.

Here is the yarn I bought yesterday for Ed's dickie.  It should be a quick  project.


My sweater is going to be made out of a stash of Puna I've had for a few years.  I finally found the perfect pattern for it:  Sixty Years.  I'll cast on later today as I watch the Rose Bowl.


Time now to get a few things done before sitting down to watch my OSU Buckeyes play in the Rose Bowl.  Have a great new year!!!  Happy 2019!!

No comments: