Sunday, January 27, 2019

Not As Anticipated

Winter Storm Harper didn't turn out to be the extreme amount of snow that the Weather Channel was hoping for.  Here in central Ohio we had rain all day Saturday.  Saturday night it all finally changed to snow.  The driving was treacherous on Sunday because of the ice on the roads.  By Monday, most of the roads were cleared.  I had Monday off work and by Tuesday the roads were completely fine.

Sixty Years is not going to get done by the end of January.  Even if I knit every minute left in the month, I wouldn't make it.  I have one side, we'll call it the front, almost long enough for the armhole.  I have maybe another inch or two to go.  I decided to get the back caught up to that point.  It is getting close.  Once I get these two sides even, I'll try it on to see how much longer I need the arm hole to be.


Last time I mentioned that my Sixty Years knitting was interrupted by Kallisti knitting.  That wasn't the only interruption.

Trisha came over last Friday night (the eve of the dreaded Winter Storm Harper).  While here she mentioned that her boyfriend was going to order some fingerless gloves but she stopped him and said that I would knit them.  I had promised Craig I'd make him some, but I didn't say when.  Since he seemed anxious to have them, I decided I better get started.  When Saturday looked to just be a rainy day, I decided to go up to my LYS and buy a ball of black wool.  The rest of the weekend was spent knitting these.


The pattern is the Modified Army Gloves, which I modified further to suit Craig's hands.  Ed is my lovely hand model in the photo above.  Craig has not received them yet.  I'm hoping since they seem to fit Ed they will also fit Craig.

While I was at the LYS, the owner dangled a lovely slipper in front of my face.  She said the pattern was free and her Rowan Cocoon was being marked down for clearance.  She knows me too well.  I couldn't resist a good bargain and an easy knit.  I grabbed several colors.  Maybe I'll get a jump on next Christmas knitting.


A while back I started a Hitchhiker scarf out of the Ohio Collection minis from Destination Yarn.  My original plan was to knit each mini to completion, making the scarf a fade.  But when I was at Stitches Midwest in August something caught my eye that made me change my plan.  I decided I wanted something a little more random.  I frogged back a bit and started adding in other colors.  


I can't decide yet if I like it.  The first two sections are wider than I like now that I look at them.  Maybe it's just because the orange is such a contrast.  Well see how it goes with the other sections.  I'm sure it is going to be beautiful in the end.






No comments: