Friday, July 12, 2019

Lots of Knitting Progress

No resolution yet to the state's budget stalemate, so I'm still spending my days at home.  The air conditioning is fixed.  I'm slowly going through my clothes and purging things that I haven't worn in years.  My daily schedule involves a simple breakfast with a cup of tea and some knitting.  After that I work on something around the house.  I should get outside to weed, but it is so hot and humid I'm not motivated for that.  I'd rather stay inside because we now have our air conditioning fixed and it feels wonderful.


The many WIPs are coming along.  I work on one or two things for a couple days, toss it aside and then grab the next two in my pile.  I am actually being quite productive.  

My Hamilton sweater is coming along.  I picked up the stitches for the front and did the short row section last night.  This morning I worked on the yoke V section.  For the pattern, you first knit the back down to the bottom of the armhole opening.  To start the front stitches are picked up along one shoulder, a section of stitches are cast on to make the front of the neck opening and then the stitches of the other shoulder are picked up.  Because I was working right to left I used the e-wrap cast on for the center section.  After picking up the stitches, the pattern calls for a series of short rows for the right shoulder.  The cast on stitches across the center are then knit to move you over to the left shoulder.  As I knit the section of cast on stitches, I realized I had a lot of slack in the yarn.  I had to adjust the tension before I knit the left shoulder stitches.  Now that I look at it I'm not all that pleased with how the neckline looks.  I'm hoping that once it is done and blocked it will look nicer.  I'm not going to rip it out and redo, but I am going to make a note on the pattern to do something different if I ever make the pattern again.  I'll have to make a pattern page for this so I don't forget.


My Uneek socks are coming along.  I'm almost at the end of the current color pattern.  I'm going to try a short row heal.  I'm thinking about pulling yarn from the other end of the ball for the heal.


My Relax sweater has been a long hibernating project.  I've added it to my knitting rotation.  I'm now in the section to make the armhole edge.  A little more than 4 inches to go on this and then I'll be able to seam it and then work the sleeves.  


I love how the armhole increases look on this pattern.


That's all for now.  Time to grab a box out of the garage and pack a few things to take down to the donation box.

No comments: