Saturday, March 21, 2020

Self-Quarantine Wrap-Up

Not quite a week.  It'll be a week at the end of the weekend.

We spent most of the week working from home.  I picked up my laptop on Monday and spent most of Tuesday resolving connection issues.  Wednesday through Friday were productive work days.

I thought working from home would be more restful, but it really isn't.  By the end of the day I'm just as tired, if not more, as I am when I go into the office.  I think it is more because I'm not getting my morning and afternoon walk in.  I park about 3/4 of a mile from the office and have a nice walk twice a day.  Thinking I should walk around the block a few times a day just to get some fresh air and exercise.

I finished knitting a baby sweater for my niece.  The buttons I bought are too big so I'll have to wait until all this craziness is over to get some new ones.  I'm going to wait to block it until then.  Picture will come later.

I'm binding off the Audition wrap.  Should be done today.  It should have been done last night, but I was playing yarn chicken and lost.  I frogged the bind-off  row and the previous row and started again.  It uses Channel Island Bind Off which is pretty but slow.  Picture of this also coming later.

Last fall when my enabler and I went to The Wool Gathering we both bought kits for Birds of a Feather from Destination Yarn.  I picked the Valencia colorway.  I can't remember which colorway Cindy purchased.  I cast on Thursday night and only got a few rows in before getting sleepy.  Ed asked if I was making a leprechaun jock strap.  It does look that way.  Or maybe a bikini bottom.


Squeaks is thoroughly liking having us at home.  She's started a new habit, though, that is a bit annoying.  She tries to drink the water out of my glass.  Last night she managed to tip the whole thing over. Good thing we were right there to wipe it up right away or else our hardwood floors may have been damaged.  Lesson learned is to not leave any glasses sitting around.


I hope everyone is hanging in there.  I saw this the other day on social media and shared.  It really puts our plight in perspective.


Remember to practice self-care.  Take advantage of this unprecedented time to catch up on sleep, learn something new, spend time with family and deepen your relationship with God.  Peace!

No comments: