Saturday, April 11, 2020

Knitting Update

I have been doing a good amount of knitting during these times.  It is the only thing keeping me sane.  The isolation is starting to get to me, as well as things I'm seeing and hearing on the news.  I fear that the national response to this is being driven by an agenda to change our society.  And I don't like the direction it is going.  I'll stop here.  I don't to turn this post into a rant.

One of my nieces is having a baby girl in May.  I knit her a sweater and figured I had enough yarn left to make some booties.  The pattern I selected is called Baby Janes.  I divided the yarn in half and made two wee balls.  After finding my size 6 needles, I cast on.  These should be a quick knit but I was tired when I started and put them down.  Also, Squeaks found the other ball and began to play.  After rescuing it from under the couch and rewinding, I tucked it away for the night.


Squeaks seems to have developed a discerning taste in yarn.  Before the incident last night with the little ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, she developed a great affinity for the mohair from my Birds of a Feather shawl.  I'll admit it is very lovely.  To a cat it must smell delicious.


I keep this project in this bag.  I've caught Squeaks several times with her head in the bag.  Not sure if she is just breathing the yarn fumes, which I can't blame her, or plotting how to steal the mohair again.  At any rate, I now keep the bag cinched closed so the little kitty can't run off with my mo.


In the past week I also finished the front panel for my Discovery Knitting poncho.  I believe I bought the kit for this from YarnByrds when Birdie was a Wool Gathering, probably in 2018.  I'll post more about this project next time, including a photo of my progress.

No comments: