Thursday, April 9, 2020

Times Like These Calls For Comfort Food

The fourth week of lock-down is coming to a close.  Ed and I are feeling healthy and strong, but still have tiny, lingering coughs.  We doubt we are contagious any longer, but we didn't want to risk infecting the kids so we told Blake and Kristin that we thought it probably wasn't the best idea to come home for Easter.  Blake want to have a family Zoom session at dinner time.  I think it's a great idea.

The weather has been helping to make the current situation more bearable.  I'm doing a lot of knitting, even some out on the front porch.  The fresh air really helps to brighten my mood.


Another thing to brighten my mood was the April installment from Stunning Strings.  Their choices for colors this month were just what I needed.  So soft and Springy.


Like many others I'm finding more time to try things I hadn't before.  During my grocery run yesterday (with my requisite mask on) I picked up a rotiserrie chicken with the intention of making chicken noodle soup.  Even though I was able to buy noodles I decided to try making my own.  I found a couple recipes and decided to use the ingredients from one and the method from another.   

Most of the mixing was done by my KitchenAid.  The final kneading of the dough was a nice stress relief.


I tried to roll the dough as thinly as I could, but the gluten kept it fairly thick.  I decided to cut them into 1/4" strips.


After a couple hours of drying, they were added to the chicken soup.  It was a success!  Since the kids weren't home to eat it, I'm going to have to make this again.


I won't mind.  It was delicious.  Perfect comfort food.

No comments: