Saturday, February 25, 2012

Another Knitter is 'Born'

Kristin has started her Infinity scarf.  Below is a picture of how far she has gotten.  She is doing a fantastic job.  I really like how it is turning out, even though there isn't much to look at yet.  Her tension is a little tight, but she'll get the hang of it.  She's doing better than I did on my first project. (I remember making a sweater.  The sleeves hung down to my knees because the stitches were so loose.)  She has already mentioned that she wants to make something in garter stitch next.  I had to squelch my excitement when she said that.  Jumping up and doing a Happy Dance might have made her change her mind about becoming a knitter.


I finished the first sleeve of the Go Live Minimalist cardigan.  I'm about 2 or 3 inches into the second sleeve.  It is 13 inches of moss stitch before the armhole shaping.  Pretty boring stuff.  Multi-tasking is my plan for getting this done.  Yesterday I knit while reading a book on my Kindle at lunch time.  Today I think I'll ride our exercise bike while I knit.  It is a recumbant bike so I'll manage without getting my yarn tangled in the peddles.


Blake mentioned the other day that he wants to make a blanket over the summer.  He wants to learn how to sew.  I have plenty of fabric downstairs for him.  We'll have to dig through it to find some to use in a patchwork quilt.

No comments: