Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sunny Saturday

This is the first weekend in a long time that I don't have to be anywhere.  I got to sleep in this morning and now I'm enjoying my tea.  Today is supposed to be a beautiful day.  I might actually be motivated to clean my windows.  Don't ask when I did them last.  I'd be embarassed to answer.

Our church recently had a Stewardship Fair.  All of the volunteer organizations had tables set up in the school gymnasium to recruit new members.  I joined the Prayer Shawl Ministry.  The group meets in the morning on the first Saturday of each month.  I missed last week's meeting, but I am hopeful I can make it to December's.  Members are not obligated to attend but are encouraged to work on a shawl for at least an hour a month.  I started my first shawl using some old acrylic yarn I had stashed in a cabinet.  Since it is acrylic, it will be machine washable.  Here it is.


It is about 24 inches wide.  I'm crocheting it using a cluster stitch I found in an old stitch dictionary. The lady who leads the group told me that the finished shawl should be a 'wing span' in length.  "Big enough to give a hug" is another way she put it.  I have several skeins of this yarn.  I'll just keep moving along with it until I either get it to be a wing span wide or until I run out of yarn.  I'm hoping it is the former because I'd like to add fringe to jazz it up a little.

Kristin's blanket is moving along.  I'm into the 5th repeat of colors and know I will not be able to finish them in pattern.  I told Kristin that I will work on it until her Thanksgiving break.  However big it is by Thanksgiving, that is what it is going to be.  I'll bind off and she'll get to take it back to college with her. 

I'm hoping to have a new toy by Thanksgiving weekend.  I ordered a Lendrum spinning wheel but it is on back-order.  I was really bummed when the lady from the shop called me to tell me that.  Their website said they had them in stock.  I guess I should have called first. 


No comments: