Saturday, March 22, 2014

Quick Note

Just a quick note today.  And no photos.  I'm heading down to visit my mom for the weekend.  One of my sisters who lives out of state is visiting.  Some of the family is gathering at Mom's tonight for dinner.  I'm going to make chicken fajitas and Mexican rice.  Everyone will contribute something to the meal.  We know how to do a Pot Luck well.  Blake and Trisha are going along.  Blake is going to make empanadas.  

Blake has been taking a global cooking class at school.  He got the recipe for the empanadas from the class.  He likes to cook.  In fact all of my kids do.  That is one victory in my crusade to raise responsible, independent children.  I'm failing the battle for having them clean up the kitchen after they cook.

My new job has been keeping me very busy.  There is a lot to learn.  Fortunately, I already have a lot of the business relationships established.  I just need to learn the procedural part of the new job.  There are a lot of people willing to help.  It is forcing me to be extra organized.  I'm still trying to work out a system.  My dry erase board has turned into a large To Do list.

Oh I did think of a picture to post.


The daffodils survived last week's freeze.  The tips are a bit yellow, but they are still growing strong.  No sign of buds yet.  It is officially Spring.  We may get more snow and cold, but the warm weather is dominate now.

No comments: