Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Dash to the Finish


Here is my completed Swallowtail Shawl.  It was a race to finish.  I was able to bind off before the flame was put out during the broadcast of the Closing Ceremony, but I didn't get it blocked until a couple days later.  So technically I'm going to say I missed the podium.


But that doesn't bother me.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.  (Sorry for the blurry picture. I shouldn't take pictures without my glasses.)  I wore it to work yesterday and got many compliments. 

The pattern was easy to follow and the yarn was great to work with.  I am not a fan of doing nupps, though.  I had to use a crochet hook for each one.  I got a rhythm going, but it was a pain to have to pick up the hook every 9 stitches.  I was concerned at first that I wouldn't have enough yarn.  As it turns out my fears were unnecessary.


There is a lot of news outside of knitting.  This photo is symbolic of the new dawns that have happened, or are about to happen.

First, I ditched my old, "stupid" phone and got a smart phone.  It's great, but my Kindle is lonely.  I'll have to find an e-book and spend some quality time with hit.  The photo above was taken with my new phone while on my way to work Thursday morning.

Another 'new' in my life is a new job.  I am still at the same company and in the same department.  However, I was asked last week to take a new role.  This new role involves working with the corporate executives to decide which projects are going to be completed by IT.  I am very excited for this opportunity.  I assume my new role next Friday.  I told my husband I'll need to go shopping for new clothes.

The last 'new' is about Trisha.  We sent in her acceptance form for the nursing college.  The  college responded very quickly with a scholarship offer.  I am having trouble believing that two of my three children will be in college next year.  I'm not that old!

No comments: