Saturday, January 30, 2010

Making Progress

The two knitting projects I'm actively working on are coming along.  Blake's scarf is about 2/3 complete.  I'm well into the second skein of merino.  Because of the 2x2 ribbing, it will end up being a skinny scarf, but he likes it that way.  I hope to have it done this week.  Too bad I didn't make it in time for this weekend.  It is frigid!  But winter isn't even half over yet, so I'm sure he'll get plenty of use from it this year.


Here's a close up. 



The baby blanket I'm making for a friend is coming along.  I'm getting to the slow, long rows.  I have about 35 more rows before I start decreasing.  I feel my progress is good.  My friend told me Wednesday that her doctor will induce on March 29 if she doesn't go into labor before then.  Plenty of time!



I've decided that it is best to have two active projects.  It keeps things a littlel more interesting.  However, these two projects are both very basic.  I have a couple projects in mind that I want to start.  Once I get things moved along on these I'll be able to start others.  I plan to cast on Blake's gloves for the Ravelympics.  I've never made gloves or mittens, but since I've done socks I don't think it will be too difficult.   As long as I finish up the scarf before then, things will be good.

Earlier this month I posted a note about trouble at work.  I heard a rumor that the person who I'm having difficulty with was leaving.  This week I got confirmation that he will be signing off the project mid-February.  He is a consultant so the chances of ever having to deal with him again are very slim.  I'm counting the days!!

I have discovered a blog that I absolutely love.  It isn't a knitting blog, but a blog about another favorite hobby of mine: cooking.  Check out Annie's Eats.  All of her food looks absolutely yummy.   I want to try her Oatmeal Buttermilk Wheat Bread this weekend.  I have most of the ingredients, except the buttermilk.  I quick trip to the grocery will take care of that.  She also has a recipe for soft pretzels which I'll have to try.  Who doesn't love pretzels.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Up here you can only get buttermilk in 1 litre cartons, which is too large when the recipes I make call for only a cup. Last week I went to the bulk food store and bought buttermilk powder. You can either reconsitute it before you need it, or (if the recipe allows) add the powder with the dry ingredients and the water with the wet.
C