Saturday, January 18, 2014

Yuckie Selfie

This picture is absolutely horrid, but here is the Buttonbox vest in action.  The biggest problem I have with this picture is the way the vest is distorted because my one arm is raised.  However, this pose does show how deep the armhole is on the vest.


Last weekend we took Kristin back to her university.  Her empty bedroom became my blocking room.  I washed the Buttonbox vest  on Monday and blocked it.  I had to ease it a bit to get the bust wide enough to fit me without gapping. It took about 3 days to dry and it was ready to wear yesterday.  It kept me warm in my office without triggering a personal climate change (AKA hot flash). It held up well throughout the day.  I'll admit I was a bit nervous that it was going to pill or sag as the day went on.

Trisha has been trying to decide where she wants to study next year.  Her dream school is the same university where Kristin goes, but that university doesn't have a nursing program.  She has been thinking a lot about going into nursing.  She said her desire is pediatric nursing.  She has applied to a local nursing college.   An official acceptance hasn't come yet.  We hope that it comes soon because she want to get that decision settled.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma with something education related.  A friend from work and I are planning on going to Stitches South.  Amy Herzog is teaching her Custom Fit class and I was able to get a seat in it.  My dilemma, though, is the accommodations.  My friend is meeting her sister in Atlanta and they are sharing a hotel room.  I have a room booked but don't have someone to split the cost with. I asked one of my sisters if she was interested in joining me, but she already had plans for another knitting adventure around that time.  Unless I can get someone to share a room with me, I may have to cancel.  I still have a few months to find a roommate.

Before I sign off, I want to give an update on my weight loss efforts.  I have lost 12 pounds so far.  Some weeks nothing comes off, but other weeks I'm surprised with a big loss.  This week I lost 2 pounds.  I will admit, I am not as strict as I could be, but I am still losing.  I think the key for me is activity.  Because I am faithfully going to my personal trainer two times a week, I have built up enough muscle mass that my metabolism is ramped up.  I also have a FitBit.  My goal is to climb 10 flights of stairs a day and walk 10,000 steps.  I am not able to do that consistently yet, but the FitBit keeps me motivated.  Just to earn more stairs or steps, I will take detours at work as I go to and from meetings.  According to a report that FitBit sent me, Sundays are my laziest days.  I'll have to work on getting more mileage in on those days.  Off now to climb some steps to get a load of laundry going.

No comments: