Saturday, January 25, 2014

It Might Be My Fault

Winter is brutal this year.  We are supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow today and more tomorrow.  I think I might be to blame.  This flag at my front door says 'Let It Snow'.


Tuesday I took a class at my LYS called Navajo Knitting.  It was taught by Knit Purl Hunter.  The class was about a technique for turning lace weight yarn into worsted weight.  Actually, the technique can be used with any weight yarn.  Below is the scarf that I started in class.


The basic premise is that you Navajo ply the yarn to make 3-ply.  It creates a great texture in the fabric, alternating between 3-ply and 1-ply.  The instructor showed us samples of other stitch patterns with this method applied.  It made me wish I had more time to sit and play.  Lots of ideas popped into my head.

Here is a close-up of the fabric.  Sorry it is a bit blurry, but you can see how the density changes.


Not much else to show for this week. Stay warm!


No comments: