Sunday, July 17, 2016

Destination Friday


Last week while cleaning out my inbox, I almost passed by a note from on the LYSs in town.  Fortunately I opened the email before deleting.  The message announced a trunk show by indie dyer Destination Yarn.  I have read Jeanne's blog and follow her on Instagram.  Her yarns are bright, colorful and named after some amazing places.  I knew I couldn't miss this opportunity to see her yarns in person.

After work on Friday I made a side trip to 614 Knit Studio to ogle the yarns.  I knew I was embarking on a risky adventure.  As soon as I walked in the shop, the fumes from the fiber overcame me and I fell in love.  Being from Cincinnati, I had to see and touch the yarn inspired by Rookwood Pottery.  The sample for the Rookwood shawl was there and it is more beautiful in real life.  I knew I had to make it.  There was some debate about which colorway to use, but in the end I decided I needed to be true to my birthplace and go with Cincinnati Ceramic and Ceramic Pink.  She also had the sample for the Fall Run Cowl.  It is also extremely beautiful and I loved the autumn colors.  Its vapors drew me in and I ended up also buying a kit.  For this one, though, I went with a different colorway:  Sea and Shark Infested Waters.  I'll admit the name was too cute to pass up.

No comments: